Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone knows about the recalls for silver spur bet 91 and 95 of a cable going to the gear actuator for the tranny ?? mine it's a 90 but I think I might have that problem !!!
NHTSA Campaign Number: 90V073000
Vehicle/Equipment Make: ROLLS ROYCE
Vehicle/Eqipment Model: SILVER SPUR II
Model Year: 1990
Mfg Campaign Number:
Mfg Component Desc: SERVICE BRAKES, HYDRAULIC:FOUNDATION COMPONENTS:HOSES, LINES/PIPING, AND FITTINGS
Mfg Involved in Recall: ROLLS-ROYCE MOTORS, INC.
Manufacture Dates: 08-01-88 through 03-01-90
Type of Report: (V) Vehicle
Potential # of Units Affected: 1,785
Date Owner Notified by Mfg: 04-12-90
Recall Initiated By: MFR
Mfg Responsible for Recall: ROLLS-ROYCE MOTORS, INC.
Report Recieved Date: 04-12-90
Record Creation Date: 04-13-90
Regulation Part Number:
FMVSS Number:
Defect Summary: THERE IS INSUFFICIENT CLEARANCE BETWEEN THE RIGHT FRONT BRAKE CALIPER HYDRAULIC LINE AND THE ENGINE OIL COOLER LINE. IF THE LINES COME IN CONTACT WITH EACH OTHER, THE CHAFING MAY DAMAGE THE BRAKE LINE AND CAUSE A FLUID LEAK.
Consequence Summary: HYDRAULIC FLUID LEAK COULD RESULT IN A LOSS OF BRAKES WITH THE POTENTIAL FOR AN ACCIDENT.
Corrective Summary: ADD A PROTECTIVE SHIELD TO PREVENT CONTACT AND REPLACE ANY DAMAGED HYDRAULIC PIPE.
Number: 95V159000
Vehicle/Equipment Make: ROLLS ROYCE
Vehicle/Eqipment Model: SILVER SPUR II
Model Year: 1992
Mfg Campaign Number:
Mfg Component Desc: POWER TRAIN:AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION
Mfg Involved in Recall: MANSFIELD TIRE & RUBBER C
Manufacture Dates: 05-01-91 through 07-01-95
Type of Report: (V) Vehicle
Potential # of Units Affected: 1,202
Date Owner Notified by Mfg: 09-12-95
Recall Initiated By: MFR
Mfg Responsible for Recall: ROLLS-ROYCE MOTORS, INC.
Report Recieved Date: 08-17-95
Record Creation Date: 09-01-95
Regulation Part Number:
FMVSS Number:
Defect Summary: AN INCORRECTLY POSITIONED WIRE WITHIN THE ELECTRICALLY OPERATED GEARBOX ACTUATOR CAN CHAFE AGAINST THE COVER CAUSING THE TRANSMISSION SELECTOR FUSE TO BLOW.
Consequence Summary: IF THE FUSE BLOWS, THE DRIVER CANNOT CHANGE GEARS OR PLACE THE VEHICLE IN PARK. THIS CONDITION CAN DISABLE THE VEHICLE TRANSMISSION, INCREASING THE POTENTIAL FOR A VEHICLE ACCIDENT.
Corrective Summary: DEALERS WILL REPOSITION THE AFFECTED WIRE TO PREVENT CONTACT WITH THE GEARBOX ACTUATOR COVER.

·
Registered
36 Posts
I would find it odd that your vehicle would not have been modified in 20 or more years unless parked off for a very long time.

But if this is the case I would contact directly Bentley giving them your chassis number and they will be able to tell you if your carwas affected or not. Do not contact Rolls-Royce as Rolls-Royce only deals with new Phantom and newer models.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts