Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which of these conditioners have you guys found to be the most effective in modern RR leather?

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
They are both good. I use Hide Food and a conditioner from Color Plus.
No conditioner will do its job unless the leather surface is cleaned to open the pores for it to absorb. Keep adding until it cannot absob anymore.

Hint: Leave the car in the sun to warm the interior. I even heat the liquid type conditioners to lower the viscosity to facilitate absorption.

·
Registered
795 Posts
I use lexol which I found to work, is very inexpensive and available everywhere. I've use Leatherique in the past but had a very weird experience on a set of leather seats for a W109 Mercedes Benz 300SEL that I bought from a fellow when I lived in Atlanta. The seats were in great shape when i bought them, but shortly after i applied Leatherique, the leather started peeling off, as if it lost its integrity.

I can't say that Leatherique was the cause, so I won't say that Leatherique is a bad product. It did give me enough reason to stop me from using it.

The Aston Martin guys seem to swear up and down by Gliptone. I bought some when I bought my V8V , a couple of years ago but have yet to use it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I use lexol which I found to work, is very inexpensive and available everywhere. I've use Leatherique in the past but had a very weird experience on a set of leather seats for a W109 Mercedes Benz 300SEL that I bought from a fellow when I lived in Atlanta. The seats were in great shape when i bought them, but shortly after i applied Leatherique, the leather started peeling off, as if it lost its integrity.

I can't say that Leatherique was the cause, so I won't say that Leatherique is a bad product. It did give me enough reason to stop me from using it.

The Aston Martin guys seem to swear up and down by Gliptone. I bought some when I bought my V8V , a couple of years ago but have yet to use it.
i use connolly leather cleaner and conditioner. the cleaner is easy to use and quickly removes dirt. the conditioner requires some extra effort but makes the leather glisten and fell supple. i use lexol conditioner for quick touch ups

·
Registered
44 Posts
It appears that Connolly leather cleaner and hide food is not the easiest to purchase anymore.
Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced vendor?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hello, what do you use to clean the surface to "open the pores?"

When do you use HF vs Color+ conditioner?
It appears that Connolly leather cleaner and hide food is not the easiest to purchase anymore.
try auto geek

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Cleaning can be done with a soft brush for the seams and damp sponge for flat surfaces. Go gentle since the color is on the surface. The leather is not vat dyed.
I would recommend popping out the seat squabs and leaving in the sun when applying the softener. Upon installation, switch the fronts around for even wear.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I would recommend popping out the seat squabs and leaving in the sun when applying the softener. Upon installation, switch the fronts around for even wear.
Excellent idea did not think that L & R cushions interchanged.
Great tips, thank you.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts