Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
LRK37110 has been sitting in a dark, non-climate-controlled garage for a couple of years and unsurprisingly she's developed some mold on her leather.

There are lots of recommendations for cleaning leather and furniture that has developed mold, but I would be curious as to "favorite methods" used by folks here on the forum.

Also, if you've ever found something you can do to make leather more mold resistant over time I'd love to hear about that, too.

Since this question could apply to virtually any age of RR/Bentley and is not exactly what I consider "technical," I'm placing it in this particular forum.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Also, if you've ever found something you can do to make leather more mold resistant over time I'd love to hear about that, too.
Ventilation. Some garages are like basements in how much damp they attract. If you can mount an attic fan or wall mounted fan that can bring in outside air, you'll probably be able to keep the moisture down in the building so that it's not so bad.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
You can also hang a bag or 2 of "desicant in a bag". I have seen this product effectively used for this, but the name escapes me.
I'll search..

·
Registered
2,388 Posts

This is the idea. Essentially the ingredient is clay. Clay is also used in cigar humidors to actually release water vapor after being charged with water and allowed to evaporate within the humidor.

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you gentlemen.

I don't think there's going to be much I can do in terms of increasing ventilation in the garage. But I can, and will, consider placing desiccants, particularly ones I could reuse (as clay ones can be oven dried to "start the cycle over again") in an effort to keep this at bay once I actually set to cleaning it up.

This was not a problem when the cars were getting more regular use and exercise, a state I hope to be able to get back to someday.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts