Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
tank, the car stopped runningMy 94 Rolls Royce Silver Spur III was parked for 7 months. I had to jumpstart it. It was rough at first but it later ran smoothly. When I got out of the car, I smelt gasoline, and my garage floor was flooded, I checked the flood on the floor, and it was gasoline. IMy tank was 1/2 full when the car started running, when the fuel was completely drained from the tank, the engine cutoff.. My mechanic came but couldn't find where the leak came from, so he pumped 7 gallons of fuel into the tank and started the car in order to find where the lead came from, this time, not a single drop of gasoline leaked out. We drove the vehicle for a few miles, yet no leak. Is there someone out there who explain this strange event to me?

·
Registered
2,397 Posts
Try tomorrow it may leak again.
If you have a small leak at an O ring for fuel, it may leak at the begening then with the pressure the leak goes smaller and stop, untill the next day.
Start the car cold and look under

Otherwise check all rubber hose and O ring around pump and filter, check or replace all rubber hoses for safety.

·
Super Moderator
904 Posts
A common fuel leak on the late SZ's is a failing fuel rail O ring on top of the engine, this is a well known fault in the Spur and Spirit III's. Check in the engine valley for signs of fuel leakage, it will have washed the area clean and should be fairly obvious. Don't continue to drive it if there is any sign of a leak in that area as many late Spurs and Spirits have burned up when this O ring fails. It often will behave exactly like you have described, it will leak but then swell up and seal after running a bit but it could fail again at any time. If you have no record of the fuel rail O rings being replaced do it now whether you find that is where it has leaked or not.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts