Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi I have put my Fire Engine on (Photos) she is a 1922/3 Le France built for organ
When I got her had to rebuild the Engine drive’s better than a R&R Ha Ha

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi yes every thing works she came to the uk in the 80’s we got her in 1993 and stored it decided to get her going in 2006 had to rebuild the motor and some bits and bobs
Used it to go to work for a couple off months but had complained about how lowed it was so used it for show’s and taking kids to there proms
Sold it last year shame but I carnet keep them all

·
Registered
85 Posts
Forget the year, Jay Leno has a simular fire truck. He converted it for motorcycle hauling duties. Guess old bikes break down more over cars and needed a recovery, mobile repair vehicle............... I want a fire truck because of watching Emergency on TV as a 70's kid and a double decker because of On The Buses. And the only reason for a Ferrari 308 Magnum PI............ So Id keep buying these projects bet more people like me who want things just because!

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have the same wants when I was a kid I loved all the old cars and wanted them all
Know I go to Le Mans 24H and want them all as well
I wanted this as I used to watch Laurel & Hardy
:roll:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Hi,
wonderfull your Fire Engine ! :D

Do you know why she's called Le France ?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Le France was the manufacter wich changed to American Le France and are still making Fier Engine’s

·
Registered
85 Posts
In the U.S/Can we have a show called Ultimate Factory. They toured, RR, Porsche, Ferrari and a fire truck factory, that I've seen so far. The fire truck place still did gold leaf lettering markings the old fashioned way. One employee actually swept the floor for gold leaf left overs. Paint shop said they get back about $20,000 a week selling the gold left over scraps.

Think its great that you restore vehicles like this. Guys like you will make it possible if and when I decide I want one to be able to have it.

Vintage racing is starting to allow some replica's to compete with FIA papers, etcetera.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am not against replicas but I think they have to be built of the same materials as the original car because there are a lot of look-alike that are a lot lighter and the mechanical engineering far superior to the date that the car was built
I once looked at a Bentley blower it looked beautiful and original till you looked at the speck sheet she was lighter faster more fuel efficient than the real one
If they can get this right then I am all for it

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Leloarer
I Love your photo it shows you’re a real driver and the car is waiting to take you Skiing
Got a Roof Rack?
:roll:

·
Registered
244 Posts
Thanks for the explanation Bentleyman.
Unfortunately no, in France we cannot use this kind of car to go to ski or anywhere, without be sure to park her in a closed and safety box.

French people doesn't like RR. They have an image of too ostentatious wealth.
You will see them only rarely on the French roads

It's a real pity for them, they never know the happiness to drive so marvellous and perfect cars, never to know about the quintescence of the English charm. :D

I drive as often as possible my RR & my B, but I always have to pay attention where I park them.

These pictures were taken at home, before the new garage was built for the last car at home.

I like, also, making of the mechanics on these cars.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts