Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

Late model cigar lighter

5K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  jeyjey 
#1 ·
While cruising around on the internet and on Flying Spares site I found this neat little "Jewelled Torch" from the Bentley collection. The ad says fits all models. This little flashlight plugs into the cigar lighter socket to charge and stay charged, handy. So I bought one. Very nice and high quality light. BUT... As per the instructions that came with it, "For all Bentley models 1998 and newer". When I tried to put it in my lighter socket, it just dropped in, way too loose. Won't make contact with the side of the socket. So I guess my question to our forum is, do the later model Bentleys have a smaller cigar lighter? I'll not give this torch up, way too cute. I will probably install a socket in the center console or replace my lighter socket up front.
Thanks for all your help.
Mark

http://www.flyingspares.com/shop/jewelled-torch-jnv947175.html

#6 ·
Thank you ALL! I am at work this week, but when I get home I will try my torch in the Subaru or Mini and see if there is a difference. I will go out this evening and see if I can bend the tabs a little.I do find it odd that the instructions said for 1998 and later.
Thanking everyone again
Mark

I will report progress.

#8 ·
Progress!! When I was home this weekend I played with Torch and car lighters. The results are in!!
Bentley lighter (SZ) will NOT fit in the Subaru or the Nissan's lighter socket. Nor the Mini's (2007), the lighter is too big. The torch fits into the Subaru and the Nissan's lighter socket, but too loose, does not make contact with the side of socket. BUT LO AND BEHOLD..... The Torch is a perfect match with the Mini. Fits in snug with a push. So I guess I will be looking for a used, Mini Cooper lighter socket so I may mount it in the center console. Come to think of it, the torch does say made in Germany.

Mark

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.