Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
99 Arnage batteries were replaced but now the fob will not operate and the driver door lock has no grip on the key either but all doors lock and unlock from the door panel inside or when in drive mode.

Does the fob need to be reprogrammed? If so is there any instruction on how to do it or must it go to the dealer which says it or may not fix the lock issue?

Note that actuator and all electronic is good.

Than you

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
99 Arnage batteries were replaced but now the fob will not operate and the driver door lock has no grip on the key either but all doors lock and unlock from the door panel inside or when in drive mode.

Does the fob need to be reprogrammed? If so is there any instruction on how to do it or must it go to the dealer which says it or may not fix the lock issue?

Note that actuator and all electronic is good.

Than you
Any takers on this old question?

I am told that a plastics part inside the door might be broken not allowing the key or key fob to work. The key is not catching anything when trying to open the door from outside while the door can be locked or unlocked from inside.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
If the fob operates, you should hear noise or see a red light on/ off.
If it operates and not close all doors, it could be a mechanical issue.

If fob battery is ok and there is no reaction on the car, no sign of communication, you could have an electronic issue because of a dead alarm battery

I would suspect indeed siren battery, specially if your batteries were old, and moreover if it was working fine before you replaced batteries. I would start by siren battery check ., or a third battery some call "circuit board"
Read this

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If the fob operates, you should hear noise or see a red light on/ off.
If it operates and not close all doors, it could be a mechanical issue.

If fob battery is ok and there is no reaction on the car, no sign of communication, you could have an electronic issue because of a dead alarm battery

I would suspect indeed siren battery, specially if your batteries were old, and moreover if it was working fine before you replaced batteries. I would start by siren battery check ., or a third battery some call "circuit board"
Read this
Hi Jean,

her is what it happens:

the OEM fob light comes on but no clicking. then if you put the key in the door it turns all the way back and forth without catching the lock mechanism, so the locked door can be opened with the fob which appears is not sending signal to the lock or the lock mechanism is faulty which does not open the door even with the key and I was told a plastic part might be broken inside the actuator.

from inside everything works fine.

used a generic key fob which now locks and unlocks the door, but the key still does nothing on driver door. so I am using the new $40.00 key fob, but the key and original fob are doing nothing.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
OK, so yes it looks like its a mechanical issue on driver door, if I understand well your description.
So you should open the door pannel and check is something is broken or just gone.

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
I found this, may be it gives you some inspiration

I suppose few swcrews then many clips.

Maybe those pictures will help you too to see how it is inside

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looks very similar to jaguar xj6 design. I did take off the driver door panel to a Jaguar before, and the thread instructions seems to be similar to Jaguars. Thanks for the links.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts