Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Just look around the parts yards over there it is used on older Yank tanks I have 4 but sorry as i am keeping the car need them £350 from Bentley UK

I wonder if the frequency rating on them is the same? Isnt it 315 MHz?? If so, we would be interested to know which yank tanks used precisely that frequency on precisely that fob. I contacted the manufacturer and they certainly both didn't know and said they don't manufacture them any more. curiously, Bentley advised me a year or so ago that the fob had just come back into stock!

Lastly, the real problem with the fobs not working is that the car is likely 20 years old and the actual problem may be the nickel-cadmium battery in the control unit behind the dash. [and when it dies, it can leak acid-like substance all over the circuit board] But in practice, the real problem with the battery is that while it is a cheap, easy to replace component, getting to it is a daunting task! Snot that it is difficult, it is more that someone who has done it before can do the whole job in about an hour. But look at what is involved on the Robison site: Someone who has not done it before could spend 5-10 hours figuring out and going through all those steps!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts