Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Anyone got one of those bandages that hold your neck stright?

Those pictures dont do the car any justice or my neck any good.

These cars are made with care and should be drove/looked after/and shown in the very same way,
Sorry these side-on pics do nothing for me. :(

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
HI Jansee
looking back at your post on this do you own a Silver Ghost !!!!!
I do and i use it the Wife drives it and i can look at it any way i like all so i can sit there thinking Jansee eat your hart out Ha Ha
also if you look around you will see a lot more car I own
i have to drive them as i cant afford a New Car

·
Registered
172 Posts
Brian
No i dont own a silver ghost, never said i did,
I own a Bentley eight, and its my daily used car, so i dont know what the hell your doing ha ha 's for???

Im pleased very pleased with my car its a go anywere car and very nice to look at and drive, Parts if needed are available and although any work on rolls or bentley isn't the cheapest car work im sure you'll see a very big difference between the Bentley eight work cost and the ghost.

So what are you trying to say ??

The point we're talking about is two people dealing with the same mail order,
(1) got a good service "no problems and has said so,
(2) you've said the complete opposit ie how bad they are and how they gave you ear ache,

My remark was & still is "you have a way of talking to people in the wrong way and then wonder why they give you ear ache back.

Im wondering if your going through the change in life or just enjoy spending hours everyday tapping on the pc?

As ive said before, its your life your time and its up to you how you spend it, But dont make the listake of thinking respect comes with the thread and what you put on it.

Im sure your a nice bloke most of the time but your getting carried away with the PC.

Have a think and a re-read of what you've had to say in past threads and see how you feel.

I myself are only interested in rolls/Bentley chat and friendship one way or the other "nothing else" including people who come over as silly people.
So as i say have a good re- read "but the shoe on the other foot" and ask yourself what would you have to say???

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Jansee,

Just for the sake of clarity, unless I am gravely mistaken, bentleyman22 is not a Brian, but I am. I do not wish to be ensnared in the contretemps between you two.

I have no problem with people reporting whatever experience(s) they've had with various vendors. My purpose on the other thread was to add some balance, which is important. There are certain vendors, though, where you don't really see balance ever, be the reports consistently positive or consistently negative. I tend to avoid vendors with consistently negative feedback, but will work with companies where experiences have been mixed or consistently positive.

It's become obvious that you and bentleyman22 really rub each other the wrong way, and that happens in this life. I would propose to both of you that flame wars/pissing matches in public do little for anyone directly involved, nor the broader readership. Perhaps just ignoring each other would work best.

Brian

·
Registered
172 Posts
guyslp said:
Jansee,

Just for the sake of clarity, unless I am gravely mistaken, bentleyman22 is not a Brian, but I am. I do not wish to be ensnared in the contretemps between you two.

I have no problem with people reporting whatever experience(s) they've had with various vendors. My purpose on the other thread was to add some balance, which is important. There are certain vendors, though, where you don't really see balance ever, be the reports consistently positive or consistently negative. I tend to avoid vendors with consistently negative feedback, but will work with companies where experiences have been mixed or consistently positive.

It's become obvious that you and bentleyman22 really rub each other the wrong way, and that happens in this life. I would propose to both of you that flame wars/pissing matches in public do little for anyone directly involved, nor the broader readership. Perhaps just ignoring each other would work best.

Brian
My mistake ref the name "sorry for that,
I do agree ref balance regardeing who we trade with ie name and shame
if they are not worth dealing with and if they do give a good service then we all should know about them.
REF THE BENTLEY MAN?
I do agree to not have any further chat with him, but i dont expect anyone to start telling me who i should or shouldnt be saying sorry to.

But i'll take your advice and have no more to say on this subject,
Im 64 years of age and ive no interest in falling out with anyone .
REGARDS JANSEE; :wink:

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have been on this site for a long time and i have never seen any body have a go at somebody that isn't English and just becose I stuck up for them he thinks I am open war faire
I didn't say any thing when he had a go at my ghost and every thing els he has stated i will not tolerate his attitude
but i will say if the site is just for the English then I am out of hear as i am not a Racist and do not want any thing to do with them
Michael

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
Michael,

You would do well not to assign retroactive motive to the postings of others.

Please look at the date of the post you elected to respond to earlier today. It predates the dust-up between you and Jansee by months. I also don't think his complaint about posting photos in an orientation where they require turning the computer to view them correctly is entirely unjustified (nor, as a matter of course, should that be ignored).

Also, I believe it's perfectly OK to call someone out on an offense and suggest the possibility that an apology is in order. I don't think that offering one in someone else's name is ever a good idea. It is offensive, and by definition not coming from the party it should come from. [I'll make exceptions for parents apologizing for their minor children.]

Brian

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Brian i know the Dates and i know the content I did not say anything at the time
If he was picking on your Nationality i would do the same and all so what give him the Wight to have ago at other members this isn't a kinder garden
or are you saying it is OK for this to happen become if it is i for one wont be hear for long
I think will Join my European Friends and retire from hear

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
I think you are overreacting to an imbroglio that you have no direct involvement in.

You said your piece, some of which I agree with. However, you were not a principal in that dust-up and you overstepped your bounds in offering an apology for another adult human being. That's not your place, and it can be found offensive by people other than the person you're trying to be the proxy for.

As I've said on several other forums I participate in, where incidents such as this one have occurred, "Readers are perfectly capable of discerning who the 'problem children' are and making a mental note of that."

Also, he did not insult your Ghost. He brought up what I consider to be a legitimate observation that perhaps one should rotate photographs to their correct viewing orientation before posting them. That's not a lot to ask, nor is it an insult.

Brian

·
Registered
172 Posts
Very well said,
Now it's about time this subject was put to bed once and for all,

I would like however to be the first to say good bye to Bentleyman if he really is leaving?

No hard feelings from myself and i wish you luck on your future forums.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Jansee
why don't you go and play on the A10 it is superposed to FUN
as your Happy i will just stay to annoy you have a nice day

·
Registered
172 Posts
It was you who keep's saying, i'll leave
ie if this is an english forum, etc etc

Now ive called your bluff, your changing your mind,
no bottle then Bentley man.,,,? or have you run out of forums to go to?

Its you who keeps sending me threads via this forum.
iVE SAID MORE THAN ONCE, Leave it.

And others on this forum have pointed out you've over stepped the mark in taking on sorry's on my be half.

I,ll say it one last time But in words you may understand.

I ve "No " Interest in having any row with people who have nothing better to do with their time than deal with other people's problems,

So let this be the final words on this subject . :roll:

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
:) i still think you have a big problem and need help
never been kicked off or left a forum so still a lot of scope
This was a Happy place till you turned up
I bet your one of throws that would love to be happy in life but alas just sad
Keep on trucking 8)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts