Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Very Nice!

I am somewhat in the market for an 89-94 Turbo R myself.

I have a cheap/economical commuter and an SUV that I bougth for someone that has become my "ex" and I barley drive it, except to help friends move or in the snow.

I come from bigger older Muscle cars and Turbo audis, and have wanted to get my ahnds on a big luxury car for some time, I figure the Turbo r is the best combo of everything.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Just bought a 93 Turbo R with 37k miles. I'm working through a few issues, like a bad P/S power window sprocket, loose door mirror, loose headlight, blown speakers. It just started leaking coolant-not sure what that's about yet. How's your experience been thus far?

·
Registered
147 Posts
I replaced my Eight after owning it for nearly 3 years with a 1990 Turbo R at the beginning of the year with a few issues too, mainly paint work, by the time I have messed with the paint work it wont be much better :D but it is reliable and trust worthy and a pleasure to use. The Eight had more mechanical issues that I managed to overcome most of them before I had my arm twisted to sell it. If this one gets sold I will only look for another so I will try to keep hold of this one.

·
Registered
29 Posts
All issues resolved (secured headlight, tightened mirror, replaced bush/sprocket in P/S window motor, replaced front and rear P/S speakers, replaced grille with factory mesh) except for the coolant leak, which came from a poorly-repaired flange for the top hose connection to the radiator. Did a better JB Weld repair, but am on the lookout for a new/refurb radiator.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
You would be far better off to investigate having a replacement radiator crafted out of metal. I know a number of people who've gone this route when the plastic parts of their radiators finally reached the "beyond glue repair" stage. Marine epoxy is a good choice as the glue.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts