Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
… and I have a few questions which only you guys can probably answer:

How does one adjust the clock ? (I’m sure that I am going to feel very stupid when the answer is posted).

I have the flying B hood ornament. Looking through the grill, this appears to have a retraction mechanism. Is that just in the event of an accident or is it possibly retractable and I just can’t find the switch?

I already suspect that I have the very common front ball joint issues. I have my own four post ramp and intend to DIY this repair. Do the front and rear bushes usually deteriorate at the same rate (I’ve read many owners just need to replace the front ball joints and drop links).

I suspect that my spring isolators are bad as I am hearing that squishing noise front and rear when the car moves. Can’t find a post describing how to swap them?

Does anyone know how to remove the centre console? My roller blind thing is stuck open and my rear cup holder is stuck closed. Don’t want to force them so I may need to dismantle the console instead.

The moon roof trim is partially loose and rattles. Does this just pull off or is there an art to getting off?

Any recommendations an a good online workshop manual and/or a good Bentley mechanic in the Charlotte NC area?

Thanks,

CJ

·
Registered
9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
To answer all your questions the best source is the IETIS RR and Bentley Motor Cars CD for 1998-2009 Seraph, Park Ward, Arnage, Azure, Brooklands. There are many vendors, I got mine from ModCollectibles.com. I think it cost about $45. Well worth it, all instructions, parts catalogue, wiring diagrams and vehicle specs.

·
Registered
754 Posts
Clock control is in the glovebox. One switch has TPMS-reset on one side and clock-forward on the other. The other one controls whether or not the central locking unlocks the boot.

The flying B just retracts to protect pedestrians. There's no motorization of it. (At least not on my '07.)

The car eats suspension components. Replace whatever is getting loose, and be prepared to replace them again as the years go by.

I haven't taken any of the interior apart yet so I can't answer those.

Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for all the (very quick) replies. I will certainly follow up on the repair shops and CD.

Now I can adjust my clock :)

Today I was calmly driving the car through town (circa 30 mph) and on two occasions I heard a fairly loud "ding" from the drivers door speaker. Like a warning tone. Just once then it did not sound again for maybe 30 mins and after I had parked and restarted the car. Nothing on the dash at all. Any ideas what this might be ?

Thanks, CJ

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Today I was calmly driving the car through town (circa 30 mph) and on two occasions I heard a fairly loud "ding" from the drivers door speaker. Like a warning tone. Just once then it did not sound again for maybe 30 mins and after I had parked and restarted the car. Nothing on the dash at all. Any ideas what this might be ?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This is possible but unlikely as I don't think it was that cold. In any event, surely Bentley would not alert the driver with just a mysterious "ding" but would have some kind of alert / confirmation on the dash ? (There was none).

·
Registered
1999 Rolls-Royce Silver Spur, Mulsanne Green
137 Posts
Be sure no one has taped over your DIP with black tape because the car has a “check engine” light stuck on. That could be why you’re not seeing anything. Not uncommon.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts