Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am wondering if you could help. I have acquired the above vehicle and would appreciate some guidance on a form to use to restore it, (based in the UK ideally near poole/ Portsmouth

car runs great, the power steering pump has gone and leaking. Cosmetic it needs a new everflex roof and possibly a re spray.
Who would be good and not too expensive to restore this?
Thanks again and looking forward to advice.

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
Hi In 1988 there were Silver Spurs and in 1980 there were Silver Wraith II's Which one?
To redo the Everflex roof requires removql of many interior panels, front and rear windscreen removal and a complete refinishing of the metal roof before a replacement is fitted. This is few quid...in fact alot.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Thanks for the comment, apologies it’s a 1981. The interior roof lining is all rotten as it’s been leaking for a while, the car needs quite a bit of work. The roof was replaced about 10 years ago and a shocking job was done. I need to ideally find a Uk restorer that knows what they are doing as I don’t want it in the wrong hands. 👍

·
Registered
1955 Rolls Royce Silver Dawn with Automatic Gearbox.
2 Posts
Tire Automotive tire Wheel Plant Comfort

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if you could help. I have acquired the above vehicle and would appreciate some guidance on a form to use to restore it, (based in the UK ideally near Poole/ Portsmouth

car runs great, the power steering pump has gone and leaking. Cosmetic it needs a new everflex roof and possibly a re spray.
Who would be good and not too expensive to restore this?
Thanks again and looking forward to advice.
For your roof or headlining, and any other trim work, I can wholeheartedly recommend Mike Stainer of MT Trimmers in Poole. He has just restored and recovered a pair of Corbeau seats for me and a centre console I made from MDF. All done in high quality leather. These are for my modified MGC Roadster. They are exactly as I asked for and at a very reasonable price for the quality of the work. Mike can be contacted on 07884 001472

For mechanical work, I can recommend Silver Lady Services in Bournemouth. Steve Drewitt is a Rolls Royce trained apprentice and now has a long established business servicing the Marque. I am already talking to Steve about a bare metal respray on my Silver Dawn. Also, in Isleworth, Nigel Sandell has a very similar background. Both have a realistic attitude to charging and know all the short cuts to keep our cars running on an affordable budget

·
Registered
LRH40258 Scots Pine Green Silver Wraith II (1.08.80) Dark Green Everflex and Green leather
20 Posts
HiPete1988RRsw11,

Pleased to hear that you are restoring a Wraith II, mine was an April 1980 registration so yours must really be one of the last of the line. Mine also needs a replacement Everflex roof and I am awaiting a price right now, suspect it will be circa £2500/4000. The state of the roof really lets down an otherwise very attractive car, I had intended leaving it to later in the restoration process but it offends me every time I look at the car, so I am going to have to commit. I have also asked for a price to simply remove the vinyl finish and respray which many people recommend. I have to say I really want to keep the originality. Do you have any photos of you new purchase I would be very interested to see it? All my local restoration contact are at the other end country so not much use to you I am afraid!!

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
When the Everflex is removed, the exposed metal roof has to be re-finished like it was a standard respray. The adhesive and foam centre section has to be adhered to actual paint and not a primer. Note: the front and rear windscreens have to be removed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts