Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been looking around for a resto project and may have found it.

I was able to find a 1960 RR Silver Cloud chassis in questionable shape. Sounds like the guy has the frame, suspension, axles, parts of the interior, most of the body except for the front fenders, and the title. He wants $3500 for it and is willing to deliver it to my house.

Any thoughts on this project? How hard should it be to get the engine and tranny? I came across a build where a guy used a chevy 350 but I'm wondering what that would do to the value of the car later down the road.

Mike

·
Registered
4,014 Posts
Unless this car is a drop head coupe [convertible] I wouldn't even consider it. The sales prices for Cloud era cars (with the exception of DHCs and, for some reason, SC-IIIs) do not typically even reach $50K even for very nice examples.

The costs involved in bringing a car in this condition back to running condition, even if you do it yourself, would far exceed what the car is worth.

Chevy engine conversions completely remove the car from the collector market and very greatly reduce its value. No Rolls-Royce collector will touch them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts