Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a SC II originally built for Europe, so it has the British license plate mounting bracket (about 5"x22")

I don't want to remove the original bracket, so was wondering if there was a license plate bracket for US plates, that could be easily clipped to the rear bumper.

I don't want to damage the bumper, something that can easily attached and removed, just so I won't be stopped by police for not having plates displayed while on the road.

Does such a thing exist?

·
Registered
85 Posts
I know people who have modified magnets to fit front plate. You could do something simular to get them on the rear at least:

http://forums.audiworld.com/showthread.php?t=2555528

Just find a glue that is semi easy to remove or cause a little less damage over drilling holes. Little repaint touch up latter on should be easy.

Check your state laws, most have a simular code to Washington State:
Revised Code of Washington (RCW) 46.16.240 states in part, "The vehicle
license number plates shall be attached conspicuously at the front and
rear of each vehicle . . . PROVIDED HOWEVER, that in cases where the
body construction of the vehicle is such that compliance with this
section is impossible, permission to deviate there from may be granted
by the state patrol. . . ."
You might only need a rear plate and could be less modification and repair latter on! Instead of doing both and creating more work.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately my state requires a front and rear plate.. my wife had a boxster a couple of years ago. it didn't have a front license bracket at all.. she got ticketed multiple times, before we broke down and had a bracket attached... ruining a perfect bumper

1 - 3 of 3 Posts