Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I look after a 1972 silver shadow for a friend who has no mechanical knowledge. I am not a business, just a retired civil servant living in france who enjoys tinkering with cars (I have a mini, an mgf, a golf and a peugeot 205). We live in a remote part of france, in the southwest so its not a case of just calling up a local garage or dealer. Hence the value of joining a forum like this and learning from others. Hopefully being able to share knowledge back as well.
So far I have done a straightforward oil change, repaired the mechanism for springing back the silver lady and done some valeting. The shadow is a wonderful car for its age; excellent paintwork, interior and the mechanical parts are just so well made. I look forward to working on the car and maybe dirving it up to the UK once it is totally roadworthy.

·
Super Moderator
980 Posts
Hi Patrick, also check out the collection of technical articles called Tee-One Topics at the rrtechnical site. They're a wealth of information not found in the workshop manuals that are written from hands on experience..

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Hi, Here's a site that has a wealth of info. Wondering how the hydraulics work? There's an animated diagram that shows the workings and more.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Welcome to the forum Patrick & happy motoring & tinkering. These cars thrive from being driven but suffer if parked up too long, the hydraulic components especially benefit from regular movement.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts