Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hallo, I am Kees and I am living in the Netherlands. I bought some years ago a Bentley mark VI build in 1947. This car was registered in the Netherlands in 1965 and was sold a few years later into Germany. For some reason the engine got broken and it was returned to the Netherlands. When I bought the car it had been sitting in a shed for almost 40 years and the engine was completely disassembled but as I was told most parts should be there.
Overall the bodywork is OK, almost no rust but it still will be a challenge to get this car on the road again. Before I start I want get some more knowledge on this car and hopefully this forum might be the place to get some.

·
Registered
664 Posts
Hello Kees, and welcome.

Lots of knowledge over at the Australian forum as well.

Australian RR Forums: Early Post-War

While the engine is apart now's the time to convert it to a full flow oil system.

When I did my engine, I had the machine shop bore it out and sleeve it back to spec _ got rid of the half chimney liners.
Got rid of the antiquated RR pistons and went with new forged short skirt pistons.

Carefully measure your camshaft and make sure it's with in spec.

Here's your manual, service bulletin and parts book.

The Rolls-Royce and Bentley Technical Library

There is a huge amount of info for you to go through on the Australian forum _ start reading.
Have a look at this thread on the transmission.
Get familiar with it's quirky brake system too.

Australian RR Forums: The Infamous MK VI Transmission Thrust Washer

Jeff

·
Super Moderator
980 Posts
Welcome to the forum Kees. You will also want to have a look at KDA132 There are many articles there on Mk VI's that you will find helpful. There is also Tee-One Topics which will have some Mk VI info, a link to it is on the KDA site as well as the Australian technical site.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the information, I will check out the links you provided. It might take some time before I can actually start rebuilding the engine but this information will certainly help.

gretings,
Kees

1 - 4 of 4 Posts