Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Recently acquired a 1980 T2. Reasonable, useable condition with little rust (the reason I purchased it). List of 'jobs' you'd have with any 40 year-old car, but hoping to deal with most myself.

First challenge is finding the correct material for the cloth interior - the driver's seat is quite threadbare. Considered replacing the whole interior with a leather one (if I could find one!), but the cloth interior is very comfortable. Any help appreciated.

Allister

·
Super Moderator
980 Posts
Welcome to the forum Allister. Woolies may have what you need, Woolies – Trim, upholstery and fittings for Classic Cars
A cloth interior is very, very rare if it is the original interior especially on a T2 which is quite rare in itself. I would suggest you order the build sheets from the RREC, contact Barbara Westlake at: [email protected] The build sheets will tell you the type of cloth used and if it was specified as original.
The workshop manuals are available at www.rrtechnical.info and Bentley Heritage: Home Also see Tee-One Topics on the Australian RROC site for additional technical articles. www.rroc.org.au
You should definitely keep the cloth interior as it is such a rare specification.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts