Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a new member with three very different cars.

1. The one I've had longest is a 2018 Volkswagen Golf R (four-door, AWD hot hatch, six-speed manual transmission).
2. Second is a 2019 Mazda Miata RF GT-S (lightweight two-seater retractable hardtop sports car. Again, six-speed manual transmission.
3. Third car is a 2016 Rolls-Royce Ghost Series II that I've had for about six months.

I've had 19 cars in my life. Seventeen of them had clutch pedals. That included a 1975 Oldsmobile Starfire, a 1982 Toyota Supra, a 1985 Peugeot 505 Turbo, a 1988 Mercedes-Benz 190e 2.3, eight BMWs (including three ///M cars) and three VW GTIs (two Mark IVs and and one Mark VII). Before the Ghost, the closest I'd been to having an automatic was a 2014 BMW M5 Competition with the M-DCT transmission.

The Ghost is HUGELY different from my current and prior cars, of course. I realized that as I got cars that were increasingly powerful (the last M5 had close to 600 HP), it was pointless as there's no way to really access that performance safely on American roads. So I'm enjoying the hell out of my fleet. Driving any of them is a refreshing change from the other two, and I look forward to time behind the wheel of any/all of them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
After foaming/claying/polishing/waxing the Miata yesterday, my partner and I lined up all three of my cars plus his 2020 BMW M2 Competition.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts