Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I grew up with the owner of a successful interior restoration shop with a specialty in Italian and British marques in Nyack, NY. I lent him cars for patterns, and he has done work on my Mercedes 600, 1957 Corvette, various Jaguars and my first Silver Shadow SRA14708.
I hung around and learned and knew one day I want to do this. I have done alot of interior repair, re-dye, panel work (Birch), installed headliners, bought a Series 71 stapler, cutting tables, etc. But one thing was missing....the right machine.

There is a short list of sewing machines that fill the requirements and I am thrilled to have acquired a Juki LU-563 machine with an unmarked Singer table with servo motor. The machine has a reputation for durability and will easily go thru 3/8" of leather as shown. Another desirable feature is reverse stitch, walking foot and presser, large bobbins and programmable servo speed on the motor for soft starts, etc.
I can now look forward to learning a new skill and will start with the carpet and bindings in my recently acquired 76.
Table Furniture Desk Interior design Wood
Table Tool Wood Picture frame Interior design

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Connally Leather video from Tyrrells Classics, a great Youtube channel.

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
Nice buy Rob! I bought a Pfaff walking foot in 1977 and it's still a joy to use. It looks almost exactly the same as your Juki except for location of the reverse lever, even has the same patina too. :)

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Jim! Getting chilly here and spending time inside is fine with me. I will post pics soon of the 1976 Shadow project. Finished final color and clear coat in lacquer (Peacock Blue) , cutting and polishing now, stay tuned.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Nice buy, I was looking for a Juki (1541 i think) last year so that I can have something to do in an air conditioned room vs going to the shop at night because it's 130 degrees in that building during the day. I'm still very interested in learning.

·
Registered
337 Posts
I grew up with the owner of a successful interior restoration shop with a specialty in Italian and British marques in Nyack, NY. I lent him cars for patterns, and he has done work on my Mercedes 600, 1957 Corvette, various Jaguars and my first Silver Shadow SRA14708.
I hung around and learned and knew one day I want to do this. I have done alot of interior repair, re-dye, panel work (Birch), installed headliners, bought a Series 71 stapler, cutting tables, etc. But one thing was missing....the right machine.

There is a short list of sewing machines that fill the requirements and I am thrilled to have acquired a Juki LU-563 machine with an unmarked Singer table with servo motor. The machine has a reputation for durability and will easily go thru 3/8" of leather as shown. Another desirable feature is reverse stitch, walking foot and presser, large bobbins and programmable servo speed on the motor for soft starts, etc.
I can now look forward to learning a new skill and will start with the carpet and bindings in my recently acquired 76. View attachment 30519 View attachment 30520
Now that is something special. Wow - very cool. Do you plan on posting any videos at all? If you can master this….what a great skill to have in your tool kit. What year is the am sewing machine?

Kindly,
Stephen

1 - 6 of 6 Posts