Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1971 Corniche
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I’ve taken on my brother’s ‘71 Corniche right hand drive drop head. I currently have the ignition switch box out of the dashboard and I’m trying to run down all lighting issues before putting the dashboard together.

My questions are several:

1 - which lights should operate when the light switch is pulled out from the switch?

2 - which wire from the loom should feed the pull out portion of the light switch?

3 - which wire of the loom should the pull out switch feed?
95F5F29D-EA67-4CE7-83D0-9B573468F7A5.jpeg

·
Registered
761 Posts
On my car, SRX18501, pulling the switch illuminates the drivers map reading light. It is part of the courtesy light assembly on the B pillar. I don't know the wiring colors. If you pull the courtesy light cover you will be able to see the wiring colors there or refer to the wiring diagram.

The attached file, compiled by a member of the Australian forum may help.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,934 Posts
..or find the wiring diagram for your car on the Bentley Heritage site or RREC-AU. Some of the roof fixtures may have 2 bulbs, one of which is a map lamp (notice the lens) and operated by a switch and the courtesy lamp is triggered by a door jamp swith. The driver side, like Dounraey mentioned, is triggered by the switch being pulled outward.
You may find broken filaments in the Festoon bulbs, usually 38mm x 5W. Door jamb switches sometimes go bad as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts