Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all..
Jay Leno turned me on to this stuff and it is AWESOME!! I was experiencing all three of these minor oil leaks on my 1977 SSII and put this in all 3 systems 5 months ago and WOW! It works perfect.

Cheers,
Phillip

·
Registered
26 Posts
I must admit a lot of these 'gimmicks' I have always considered are just 'snake oil' marketing. That said I saw a live demo on a rubber seal dropped in a cup of power steering leak sealer and it was a staggering result. The guy just poured the fluid over a rubber seal and you could physically watch the seal grow in size. I really think though this should only be treated as a short term fix.

Nick

·
Vendor
187 Posts
That is exactly how chemicals like this work. An incompatible chemical is added to the system which makes all the gaskets and seals swell.
This will work if you need to get a couple more months out of your car before you take it to the scrap yard or if you are an unscrupulous dealer trying to get top dollar for a car and get it off your lot.
Whatever system you add this to will need every rubber part and gasket replaced to fix it correctly.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I once bought a car that had had a leak stopper put into the power steering system. When restoring the car, I took the steering box and pump apart to do renew the seals and do the job properly. The hoses had to be replaced, they were about to burst as they had become so soft.

If I thought a vehicle had had anything like that put into it I would not touch it. As Kelly says, it is just a cover up for a very short period only.

Keep it away from any reasonable vehicle, do the job properly, it will cost far less in the long run.

Jake.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts