Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hi stirling i have had him for two years (my partner says bentleys are boys becuase there sportier and a and rolls-royce ladies)he has been more or less trouble free in the 2 yrs i have had the obvious services and brake pad replacements all that has gone is the high pressure pipe for the pas and the little drive belt on the twin distributor this is my 1st after driving range rovers for yrs and we will most def get another rr or b :p when we change

·
Administrator
458 Posts
I've always been partial to the Silver Shadow but I think between you and Lew its looking like I should give more consideration to the late '80s.

Of course after a Range Rover even a Yugo might give off the scent of reliability. Or maybe your experience was better with Rover than that of my friends here in Canada?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my range rovers were all the top line and never had a prob when we looked at getting the bentley we went for a mk11 as it was loaded with more gadgets ie 10speakers love my music,and the reliability of 1990 onwards i was advised could stand up to my using it every day.i am heavily involved with the rrec over here im the treasurer for the paulerspury section.

·
Administrator
458 Posts
Ian I'm glad you mentioned your involvement with the RREC. I was wondering what is the relationship between the RREC and the RROC? Are they competitive or complimentary organizations? I thought perhaps there was a geographic division but then saw that the RROC advertises itself as the 'International Club'.

My newness to the RR&B world is showing through here.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I am a member of the RROC, Rebel Region and Modern Lady Society. The RROC and RREC are complimentary International clubs. Many people belong to both. I just think it is easier to participate in events associated with which side of the pond you live on. I know of some that have participated in events in both clubs. The more the better I think!

The modern 20000 series (87 1/2, 88 and 89) tend to be the most reliable from what I have found. These were heavily upgraded with modern equipment, but before the very expensive to keep up active suspension system. There were alot of these cars built and the can be had at affordable prices. Just be sure to get a well maintained one though.

(Also a member of the Atlanta Jaguar Society)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
hi the 2 clubs do work along side each other and yes it is where u live: rrec covers europe mainly:rroc america and in australia
the rrec is celebrating 50yrs this yr so big events planned we have 19 section in the uk and 10,000 members there abouts world wide each section organises its own events along side the main club events we have technical semminars and visits, weekends away, horse racing etc.
at our club hq we have ax201 on display and a phantom iv from the royal garages,we also have the build records for the cars built at crewe and other documents that rr and b want to store with us
and we are the only car club to have been saluted by the quuen in a parade at windsor castle

·
Registered
54 Posts
Ian,

AX147 was brought to the Daytona Interregional Meet a few weeks ago, from the UK.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts