Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I finally found out it was David E. Rogers who used to own Hyperion Parts. Does anyone know him or how to reach him?

·
Registered
68 Posts
David Rodgers

Did a bit of digging.
HYPERION PARTS

Largest supplier of Rolls-Royce & Bentley parts!

One Lawton Street
PO Box 430
Iva, SC
U.S.A

Tel: 864-348-7801
Fax: 864-348-7802

·
Registered
79 Posts
Colin
You really need to do a lot more digging! :) "Largest supplier of RR parts' - reallllly?
Scuttlebutt has it that David sold everything to a UK gentleman who locked everything up and hasn't been heard from since. Not everyone who had dealt with Hyperion before closure were entirely thrilled. The sagest advice followed was to inspect the part before paying any money.
David may be a bit active on ebay from the Bensalem, PA area.
Leho

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hyperion

Adam,

Leho is correct about rogers on ebay. He first used "rollsroycebentleyparts" (No Longer A Registered User) when he was working out of the factory in Iva, SC, then "6cells" / Bensalem, PA)NLARU), "labelooker123" / Norfolk, VA (NLARU), "ateawobbler" / Abingdon, VA (Not A Registered User), and I believe he is now active on eBay with "wellwobbly" / Abingdon, VA with an email of [email protected]. If these eBay user names are his then the addresss used are incorrect, he lives and operates out of Greenville SC. Did you lose money to rogers? If so, I can help.

Joe

·
Registered
9 Posts
David Rogers

Hi Rockne,

Having fallen prey to Rogers less than ethical trading standards what is your advice on the matter please.

He is operating from Greenville SC as you say.

Maxwell1

·
Registered
7 Posts
David Rogers

Yes, he is operating out of Greenville SC. I would seek legal advice and take action. As stated, rogers is now using "englishlimousinesatgmail" on eBay. Go to eBay, due a search for Rolls parts; find listings by "englishlimousinesatgmail". He has listed a phone number (864-356-3343). I would start by calling him, if no response, get a lawyer.

·
Registered
7 Posts
David Rogers

Maxwell1,

After researching the site's memberlist, you should contact member #969 "1936PIII", respond to one of his post's and see if he can help with your situation.

·
Registered
7 Posts
David Rogers

Buyer Beware, Rogers has changed his user name from "englishlimousinesatgmail" to "theluxuryjunkyardcom" on eBay.

·
Registered
1 Posts
In mid-2011, I order a quantity of Bentley Mk6 gearboxes from Rogers. I paid via Paypal, as I though this will protect me, and how wrong I was!

He wasted so much time in actually posting the gearboxes, that by the time they landed in the UK and I inspected the virtual scrap that he sent, the time limit for filing a dispute with Paypal had expired. Gearboxes that he promised me were in very good condition were seized solid, has the had been sitting outide in all weathers for maybe years. Every single gearbox had numerous teeth broken. I will be lucky to make one gearbox out of three.

Parts equally described as nearly pristine had so much rust, you wouldn't believe it. For example, the floor shift side gear lever was rusted through, and this has to be nearly 1 third of an inch of chromed steel. All in all, I lost maybe $6-8000US. I have loads of photos and witness statements of the goods he sent. I am going to on his back forever.

Do not trust this man. Do not spend a bent penny with him, because he will fleece you off that as well. I am in the process of getting his private home address, so members of the forum can post me for it in the near future!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Once again, Rogers has changed his user name on eBay. Since October of last year, he has been using "usedrollsroycebentleyparts". Beware if you're an online buyer.

·
Registered
3,771 Posts
Now it appears that he's popped up on the internet in another guise: The Luxury Junkyard and located at:

The Luxury Junkyard
2541 N Pleasantburg Dr, Suite S - PMB 118
Greenville, SC 29609

Phone: (864) 356-3343

Interestingly, the direct link to his eBay store under the username theluxuryjunkyardcom (on his FAQ page) shows that this username no longer exists.

Caveat Emptor

1 - 15 of 15 Posts