Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi all. Maybe my post will be interesting for somebody, because I saw several discussions here regarding navigation update. Presently I restore my Arnage and one of the task is to update navigation system but not destroy OEM look of instrumental panel. Initially I bought Alpine Nve m 300 p navigation, but to be honest it is out of date presently, so I continue my investigation and come to further decission. It is possible to connect you mobile phone via wireless connection with Oem screen. So what we need 1. Rca cable for aux input on screen module 2. hdmi to rca converter 3. special device which call dongle, its mirror your phone an convert it to hdmi signal. It is very easy to install, without replacement of Oem wiring. see pic below. So with this devices we have mirror screen and sound on oem monitor
Input device Circuit component Hardware programmer Gadget Electronic instrument
Shelf Gadget Output device Audio equipment Wood

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
All you need is to find where you screen module is located, than find AUX input connection - 3 round connections on above picture. Also you need to buy 2 devices: HDMI to RCA converter (about 15 USD on ali express) and wifi dispaly reciever (I bought Ezcast 2 model, 50 USD). Than you connect AUХ input on screen module by using RCA cable with converter and insert wifi display reciever in converter. Next you should select AUХ mode on screen and connect your mobile phone via smartview option on Android or with same option on Iphone (I dont know what is name of this option on Iphone) with wifi display reciever, that is all. And you will see picture of your phone screen on OEM monitor, also sound from phone will be prodused by monitor's load speaker.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi all Today post is about bluetooth connection for OEM head unit. Initially I bought my Arnage with, for my point of view, ugly modern Alpine head unit. I tryed to find replacement for this head unit, but for my point of view best looking unit is OEM grundig unit with solid iron swithces. I bought such unit on Ebay, it isnt exact Arnage unit, it is from Bentley continental R
Bumper Fixture Bicycle part Gas Automotive exterior

I found several conversation on forum regarding how to update OEM head module with bluetooth option. It is very easy to do. You should just buy this device. It is bluetooth module
Wood Adapter Rectangle Data transfer cable Cable

Just connect it to upper connection section, please see below picture and music from your phone will play in CD changer mode on OEM unit. It is very easy to install.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Finger Automotive lighting Automotive exterior

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I removed dash because I did other job, but seems that is possible to remove screen without dash removal. Screen cover is attached with velcro, just removed it. Screen is attached with metal frame by screw which is located under screen.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts