Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a bit of a petrol leak at my A-bank carb, which appears to be coming from where the fuel inlet/filter attaches to the carb body.

The manual isn't very helpful, suggesting that a brass pipe extends out of the carb. But all I can see is a pot-metal extension of the inlet/filter that appears to be going into the carb body.

Is the inlet/filter extension actually going over the brass pipe, or does it go in to the carb body? In either case, what seals it? (The parts manual appears to mention a o-ring here, part #UD11425, but the picture doesn't show the carb itself so I can't quite tell where the o-ring fits or if there are more bits I'd need.)

Any help appreciated,
Jeff.

· Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got some answers on the Aussie site.

The pot-metal extension of the inlet/filter housing does indeed fit over a brass pipe extending out of the carb body. The brass pipe has a pair of grooves in it for the fitting of two o-rings.

So, a total of 4 o-rings needed to do both carbs. (And there's no point in not doing the carb filters and filter cover o-rings at the same time. 2 of each of those required.)

Jeff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.