Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Administrator
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if Homelink was ever in an option in SZ cars. Maybe via the rear-view mirror?

Below the back seat cushions there are two courtesy lights on SZ cars. Does anyone know if the light covers are a match for any other car makes?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'm not that knowledgeable about proper motorcars (I have quite a lot of experience in lesser automobiles), however, all of the cars I saw come through the dealership where I worked were either port-installed or we had a service come and install the mirrors.
I have done a few on my own, and, save for the backup camera equipped mirrors, all you need is a ground, a constant power (dome lights frequently) and a switched power (usually in the driver's kick panel). Dependant upon how much disassembly is necessary (vs. tucking wires), about an hour for install. Rear view camera could be a couple days.

As to the light covers, could you post a photograph??

·
Registered
7 Posts
Nothing immediately come to mind. Are there any numbers on the lens?? Also, approximate size?? Lastly, what does the other side look like?? From what I've seen around the forum (I'm here assessing purchase), the folks at Crewe seem fond of raiding the parts bin at the local GM plant. Which would be where I'd focus my search.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Actually I’m pretty sure that’s the same light that is used on a W126 Mercedes for the glove box and the door panels

1 - 6 of 6 Posts