Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1986 RR Silver Spur, 6.8 Liter, custom 700R4 and more to come
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone please refer me to a link where I can buy the carburetter filters for my car?

I can not find a reference to them except in the rrtechnical.info/sz bulletin and they give no part number guidance or how often they are to be changed. This being the case, and just getting the car, I'm going to presume the changing is overdue!

Thank you for any assistance. It's a pleasure to be rolling in a Rolls! image9.jpeg

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Have a look at the following part numbers: NAPA 3051 or WIX 33051, according to Brian Vogel's compilation of substitute parts either of the above filters should do the job. Be careful when removing the lids on the filter bowls, there's a spring underneath ready to take flight.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Have a look at the following part numbers: NAPA 3051 or WIX 33051, according to Brian Vogel's compilation of substitute parts either of the above filters should do the job. Be careful when removing the lids on the filter bowls, there's a spring underneath ready to take flight.
Very good advice...lol. I wasn't up to that point yet but what I saw up until now suggested that it was accessed through the side so I am obviously mistaken. More research will ensue.

The filter is underneath the spring?

:)

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
At the carb fuel inlet there's a small bowl with a circular lid which is held down by 2 screws. Under the lid there's a metal retainer over the filter and a spring over the metal retainer if my memory serves me well. When you unscrew the 2 screws that hold down the lid it may pop up under spring pressure. Sometimes the lid can be stuck so screwing a suitable bolt with the correct thread pattern into the centre hole of the lid and using a pliers to lift it will do the trick. As the lid comes off the spring is liable to fly so place a cloth over the top to catch it. That's the set up on my HIF7s on my Silver Shadow 11 so I'm assuming your design is the same.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Can someone please refer me to a link where I can buy the carburetter filters for my car?

I can not find a reference to them except in the rrtechnical.info/sz bulletin and they give no part number guidance or how often they are to be changed. This being the case, and just getting the car, I'm going to presume the changing is overdue!

Thank you for any assistance. It's a pleasure to be rolling in a Rolls! View attachment 29438
Did Jason you your car? I purchased my Turbo R from him. Great guy.

Kindly,
Stephen

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Did Jason you your car? I purchased my Turbo R from him. Great guy.

Kindly,
Stephen
He did. I went up for a '91 but I like the lines on this one a lot better. The next one is likely to be a '62 Cloud. Jason has a nice one up there...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts