Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I'm currently working on a 1979 Silver Shadow 2. I've never made a post on this forum before so trying to get used to how it works. Currently, I'm trying to get this car started. First, the car wasn't turning over so I took the starter motor off to check it. It's now been fully refurbished and is ready to go back on (the photo attached was before the starter was refurbished).

When putting it back on one of the wires that connect to the starter snapped! So what was an easy job has now become a nightmare.

In the photo attached I've pointed out three wires, does anybody know where these wires go to? Or in other words, where do the wires connected to the starter motor lead to? The wire that has snapped is the one at the bottom of the solenoid. The wire that the bottom arrow is pointing to. Does anyone know if it is vital that it is connected for the starter to work?

However with that being said the other wires are a little bit frayed also and could do with being replaced as well.

If anyone knows anything please help me haha

thank you in advance

Attachments

·
Registered
3,589 Posts
All 3 wires are needed. I would get rid of the crimp on connectors within a wire length. They should be soldered and shrink wrapped. Any ring terminals should also be soldered.Your smartphone is handy for documenting things before removal.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All 3 wires are needed. I would get rid of the crimp on connectors within a wire length. They should be soldered and shrink wrapped. Any ring terminals should also be soldered.Your smartphone is handy for documenting things before removal.
Thank you for forgetting back! Thanks for the information.

Do you know where the wires lead to so they can be replaced?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts