Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1993 Bentley Turbo R
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any help and pointers will be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Recently, after refueling my 1993 Bentley Turbo R. The car decided to stall as I left the gas station and I have not been able to start the car ever since. Had to get the car towed to a repair shop but has not had much luck yet.

When turning the key, the starter cranks but car will not start. Fuel pump and spark plugs have been checked and found to be working. Where should I look next?

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
Once you have checked that there is a steady spark at several plug leads check your fuel pressure. Pull the cold start injector for a quick test to see if you are getting any fuel at all, could be low pressure not opening the cylinder injectors. Maybe you picked up fuel contaminated with water at the gas station, rare these days but it does happen some times. Is it making any attempt to fire at all?

·
Super Moderator
867 Posts
If only getting spark on 5 or less plug leads the tandem distributor drive belt has broken. When this belt breaks 4 cylinders from one distributor will fire and possibly a fifth depending on where the rotor in that distributor stops. Pop the caps off and confirm both rotors are turning when engine is cranked over. If not the broken belt is your problem. If both turn use the Motronic diagnostic button to check for saved engine faults.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Stupid question, are you sure, you tanked petrol not diesel? (seriously).
Anyway, when you will be sure, that proper fuel flow to the injectors, carefully check fuses too.

·
Registered
1993 Bentley Turbo R
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Once you have checked that there is a steady spark at several plug leads check your fuel pressure. Pull the cold start injector for a quick test to see if you are getting any fuel at all, could be low pressure not opening the cylinder injectors. Maybe you picked up fuel contaminated with water at the gas station, rare these days but it does happen some times. Is it making any attempt to fire at all?
I have checked the spark plugs and they seem to be fine.

There is fuel at the cold start injector, but I do not have access to a device to check the fuel pressure. It is not making any attempt to fire at all.

I was wondering if it has anything to do with the immobilizer system?

·
Registered
1993 Bentley Turbo R
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Stupid question, are you sure, you tanked petrol not diesel? (seriously).
Anyway, when you will be sure, that proper fuel flow to the injectors, carefully check fuses too.
I am 100% sure petrol is tanked into the car.

Let me double check the fuses and the fuel flow again.

Thanks!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts