Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, just wanting some information on this car. Its either a Mk VI or a R-Type from what I can tell but I don't really know enough about them to pick out subtle differences that others would notice. Cheers.

Sorry about the bad angles but its hard to get around that garage.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Based on the boot lid, I would say it is a Mk VI. However, why don't you lift the bonnet and look at the chassis nameplate. The chassis number will tell you for sure.
Leho

·
Registered
18 Posts
That is an early Bentley Mk VI. It has the smaller boot, and it looks like it has ten slats on each side of the radiator. Later year models had fewer, eight I think but memory fails me right now. My guess would be around 1947.

Regards

KC

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Leho said:
Based on the boot lid, I would say it is a Mk VI. However, why don't you lift the bonnet and look at the chassis nameplate. The chassis number will tell you for sure.
Leho
Where exactly is the chassis name plate? Left or right on the firewall?

Its very hard to get around the car as its up against the wall and theres what I beleive to be a Silver Cloud II hard up against it on the other side. I just took the pictures I could without having to disturb much to start my research on it.

Thank you very much for the Info KC Saayman and Leho. I was having trouble comparing the boot with pictures on the internet as most the rear shots I could find were of darker colours and it was hard to see the contours.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well three weeks managed to turn a year and a half :oops: :oops: :oops:

Right the numbers I have are B365BG (Chassis number) and B001612.

According to this site http://www.rroc.org/page.asp?SID=1&Page=10 it should be a 47/48? (B 1 – 401 BG 1947/48)

I may have gotten a number wrong by the look of it though as there are no B3's?

If anyone could shed more light on the numbers it would be much appreciated. I don't think it was ever registered in NZ so I doubt the dealer here will have any info.

Regards, Taz.

·
Registered
78 Posts
if it is a mark 6 then it is an early one the last 2 digits start at A so this is a B series. I have a chassis file so I will have another look tomorrow and get back to you. I'm not too clued up on these pre 55 cars but I know a man who can.

It seems that we are no longer able to view the pics. Is there any chance of putting them on again.

Matt

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Matt. Will get some pictures to you soon.

Sorry for the late reply. Only another 1 1/2 years!

I haven't had a chance to do anything with it and where it is being stored is going under the hammer due to all the earthquakes so I am looking at selling it rather than moving it around for the next 10 years and all the damage and lost pieces that is involved with that.
Have a strong sentimental attachment so it is going to be hard to see her go without having the chance to get out on the road.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts