Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased a large lot of MKVI/Silver Wraith OEM parts. I'm having trouble identifying a couple pieces that I attached photos of. Any help is greatly appreciated. Everything is for sale as well, just ask for price. I can ship anywhere in the world for very reasonable rates. Included with the lot was most of the steering system minus the box. Lots of body panels including doors & complete front wings. Most of the braking system. Both axles with tubes. Some interior parts and various other small pieces.
- Max

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
There were some ford parts mixed in with the lot. If these are not MKVI parts please let me know.

·
Registered
485 Posts
The two photos on the left (long black air vents) direct outside air to the windscreen.
There is a shroud at the top of the radiator that they attach to and the other ends mate up to ducting and a blower motor that directs air to the wind screen.
The blower motor is on the outside of the firewall, but some times you can find them inside the car.
Later cars did away with that system, as it was quite useless. Rolls Royce/Bentley directed the pipes down into the fender-well area where a small heater matrix was placed. It was fed fresh air through the horn grill and the horn was moved elsewhere.

The photo on the end is the heater duct work that is underneath the passenger seat. (right hand drive)
The round part is where the fan and heater matrix is, the shroud in that area rest on top of them.
There are vent panels inside that blow heat to the front and back of the car.
So the heater duct work (photo on the far right) is from a standard body MK VI, or Dawn, the other two windscreen ducting are coach built, or at least I have never seen that type on a standard bodied car.

Do you have these tools boxed in red ?
Also, these two figures for my plate, Ace Cornercroft "8" and "5"

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Jeff, thank you very much for the information! Unfortunately no tools came with the lot. I'll check for plate numbers when I get to my warehouse.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Yeah, I'm not surprised about the tools, they always go missing, especially that little crescent wrench. :rolleyes:
Here's hoping about the numbers, odd too why there's not more out there, I guess people save them as a novelty ???

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Unfortunately nothing on numbers too. Seems like they’re very hard pieces to find. The guy I purchased the lot from told me he sold the tools right away. Any chance you could identify this part? I can’t find it anywhere

·
Registered
485 Posts
That doesn't look like anything from a MK VI Bentley and having taken my car right apart, there is nothing like that in mine.
My guess is engine to transmission plate from something else.
The things off the side would take the torque of the engine.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Interesting because the vibe dampers on the side are British parts. Maybe it’s for an old Jaguar as there were a couple XK140 parts in the lot too. Thanks for the insight. If you end up needing any other parts for your MK VI please let me know. If I have them available I’ll sell to you at a great discount.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts