Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone :D

Mine name is Jeremy I don't have a Rolls Royce but there is a 1953 Bentley R Type in the family.

My current weapon of choice is A Blue Granada Cosworth which I am currently restoring/upgrading and taking a great deal of inspiration and details from more exclusive luxury cars. Once complete it will have wood and polished metal and those thick wool rugs you would normally associate with the " Best Car in The World". It will never be a Rolls Royce but it is a pleasure to own.

I also joined because I am designing a new Rolls Royce for my design portfolio and would be interested in the likes and dislikes of the Rolls Royce owner/enthusiast which I will feed into the design. At the moment is a pile of sketches and a bunch of lines, points and surfaces in 3d modelling outer space. Once complete this will be one of the first websites to see the renderings.

I have always wanted to do a Silver Ghost tribute and this time I feel I may have something so watch this space!

Regards Jeremy

I will post more about all this in general chat.

·
Administrator
534 Posts
Welcome to the forum Jeremy, I'm looking forward to seeing your design work.

Feel free to post pictures of your Granada in the Gallery.
The funny thing is when I was a kid I used to really like the Granada. Probably because I was in Canada and could never acquire one!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your warm welcome Stirling I very much look forward to showing off pictures of both my restoration work and my design project which I hope to present to Goodwood soon.

My ambition for both projects is to show off my skills as a designer, to build a portfolio after years of absence and begin the hunt for a creative job in the automotive industry. My passion for cars is 100% and in this life there is no space for bad ones. A good car is life enhancing, a car isn't about getting from A to B it is about an experience, it is about the way it makes you feel.

I briefly owned and drove a Peugeot 107 a car that made me miserable, a car that was wheezy and was so light it literally blew around the road like an empty crisp packet! I have to say owning a terrible car like a 107 or a boring but perfect car like a VW Golf makes you truly appreciate a great car.

The R Type Bentley transports you to the 50s, it smells special, it dominates the road, it's all soft and luxurious, the fuel costs are astronomical but it creates an experience like no other vehicle.

I will never understand the A to Ber mind you they will never understand me cars can and should be magic.

I look forward to contributing a few bits and pieces very soon. Thank you

Regards Jeremy

1 - 3 of 3 Posts