Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spose I should write something here as it seems to be the done thing.

I have purchased a blue 1989 Turbo R off Ebay.co.uk. Don't worry, it was local to me (50 miles) so I (and a pro mechanic/bodywork friend) gave it a good looking at beforehand. It pushed all the right buttons so I used the buy it now option. I now have a nice condition, FSH, 54,000 mile car that is almost like new under the bonnet (hood).
I am still coming to terms with what I have bought (had it 1 week now), and the gravity of the undertaking. I will have to keep up with the service I guess, tho I think I'll (me and my mate) will be doing the work. It all looks pretty straight forward. It is a car after all.
I have a few niggles I want to sort out and I'll address some questions elsewhere.

As for me, I live in Warrington, Cheshire. This is almost exactly half way between Liverpool and Manchester (20 miles each way). I'm a 42 year old electronic engineer and have worked at Daresbury Laboratory for 22 years now (since I was thin as I usually say). I'm married, got 2 kids (one for use and one for best) and have a small selection of other vehicles including an 03 Vauxhall Zafira 2.2 Auto (family runabout ), a 92 Toyota Surf SSRX Auto (for launching the kids inflateable dinghy) and also a 72 NSU Ro80 (go look that one up). In fact I am the Ro80 Club GB Chairman. I also currently have an 89 Merc 300SE that I am getting rid of to make room for the Bentley. I like big cars (and small cars, I recently gave my Daf 66SL away [go look that one up too], and will always regret that).

Cheers... Rob.

·
Administrator
458 Posts
Thanks for joining us Rob, hope to hear more about your Turbo R and get to know you better. And see some pics in the Photo Gallery. Share some pics of the NSU and Daf too.

Warm regards

·
Registered
2 Posts
Spooky. Too Spooky.

I wondered if I was reading about myself in the future for a minute!!!

- I live in Warrington area now...
- I am 42...
- I am an engineer...

But my name is not Rob. And I do not yet own a Rolls Royce.

But any help toward me trading up to one from nothing would be much appreciated! (please see www.tradingnothing.com)

Pity... the DAF maybe could have helped me get there!

How much is your Merc worth Rob?!

I mean seriously - a Warrington business wants to do a trade with me, but they want me to get further first, and they mentioned a car would do it, so...

OK, enough from me :)

Andrew

[email protected]
www.tradingnothing.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts