Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was motivated to join this forum as I have recently been entrusted with the task of restoring, what I consider, one of the prettiest Rolls Royces ever built. The car is a 1937 Rolls Royce 25/30 bearing chassis GRO 59 with coachwork by Gurney Nutting, my favourite design house. This car is one of only 3 cars known to have been made by Gurney Nutting in this body design. All three cars came to India and I am delighted to report that all three survive. I have personally seen two of them but the third is also known to exist.

Just to give you all a little background on me I come from a family who have owned cars since the first decade of the 1900's so there's been a long love affair with cars that runs in the family for generations. My grandfather's LaSalle phaeton from 29 still remains in the family. My dad and I own two lovely Packards one a 1939 Packard 120 and the other a 1937 138 CD which is a touring limousine. We also have a 1954 Hillman Minx and a 1960 Mercedes Ponton apart from some other cars.

Over the past year I restored a 1933 Chevrolet Master Phaeton frame up as it had seen wear at all levels. Will post pictures of the before and after for you all to enjoy.

I look forward to the expertise that abounds here in small details which will help me during my restoration of GRO 59. Of particular interest are details on factory finishes for components.

I would also appreciate tips on vendors from whom I can buy spares. I presently need a new or rebuilt Stromberg carb for the car

Here are some pictures of GRO 59, the Chevy (before and after) and our Packards.

· Administrator
570 Posts
Hello Deepak and welcome to the forum. That is certainly an exquisite collection of automobiles. Thank you for sharing the photos.

We look forward to getting to know you better here on the messageboards.

Regards,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.