Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys, well i've bitten the bullet and finally bought myself a Bentley, I live in the UK Norwich and have owned mostly American cars for the last 30 years or so with a few others as well, but recentley decided it was time for Bentley,as i'd loved the marque since i was a small child.
i have a 1989 Bentley eight with Musanne grill and badges, Vermillion Red with Magnolia interior, 48k on the clock and FSH its in excellent condition with only a few cosmetic jobs i need to get done.
my insurance comapny insists on a cat 1 thatcham alarm even though it has a Tracker, any recomendations?
collected it last thursday then ended up in hospital for a week and only out today so i can finally enjoy it.
anyway i'll post more later if anyones interested
all the best
eamonn

·
Administrator
534 Posts
Hello Eamonn,
Good to have you join us. Show us some pictures of your new Eight.

When you say you've lived in the UK but driven American cars, do you mean you've been driving British Fords and Vauxhalls, or U.S. market cars?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Stirling said:
Hello Eamonn,
Good to have you join us. Show us some pictures of your new Eight.

When you say you've lived in the UK but driven American cars, do you mean you've been driving British Fords and Vauxhalls, or U.S. market cars?
I've beem driving American cars and trucks for over 30 years as my main cars mostley Chevrolets but a few fords and Chrysler products and I have also owned quite a few euro cars Mercedes Audi etc and a some British cars proper British cars when we had a motor industry and cars were rear wheel drive. Rovers MGs Rileys,Fords, hillmans and Vauxhalls, but my first love has always been American tin.
my last American was a 2005 Chevrolet Silverado SS which had been modified with a Supercharger and lots of other performance mods it was putting out approx 550bhp and was quite a beast, but as I only usualy keep motors for about 2 years then have a change i kept the SS for almost 4 years it was a Blast to drive and surprised lots of so called performance cars lol.
i have always been a "petrolhead" and have had a list of cars and trucks that i have to own during my lifetime.Most have been American but the Bentley was quite high on my list along with a Aston Martin Vanatage V8 (Mid 70s-80s model) Thats will come soon,my wife reckons men don't grow up ... their toys just get more expensive lol, and she only allows me one toy at a time now as i used to get carried away and was really good at buying but not so good at selling lol and ended up with 7 cars, one for each day of the week lol,
I'll take some pics of the Bentley and post em up soon, it's in the garage to have a Cat 1 Thatcham alarm fitted as my insurance company demands it, even though it has a Tracker fitted...
I am amazed at the attention the Bentley gets, i've been used to lots of questions when filling up with petrol in the Yanks but the Bentley seems to have even more fans with almost everyone giving it the thumbs up and giving way at junctions.. i'm enjoying being a Bentley owner think i could be keeping this one for a while....
all the best for now
eamonn

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Heres a photo of my Bentley..
I'm really enjoying ownership, it's such a Great car to drive, going into have a Cat 1 Thatcham alarm/immobiliser fitted tomorrow, then new tyres and get the couple of stone chips sorted, i can really enjoy her then.
wish i'd have bought one earlier what fantastic cars.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I am in the process of buying one the same colour. 1986 with LPG conversion. LPG at present is .66p per litre.
High fuel prices are causing prices to drop.
I was looking for a white pre '73 Shadow so I didnt have to pay road tax, but they seem to be selling for £4,000 upwards.... I suppose verybody thinks they can earn a fortune doing weddings with them...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts