Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello, this is my 1st post here.

I am a long term fan of the Rolls Royce and Bentley cars. I would be required to dabble at the cheaper end of the market and am not adverse to wielding a spanner or two. Previously I've had 2 x LWB Range Rovers, Nissan Patrol, Grand Voyagers, Jaguar XJ6 Series 3, Jaguar XJ40, Jaguar XJS V12, Saab 2.3 FPT, BMW 750il (E32), MB S500L (W140), MB 560SEL (W126), Lexus LS400 etc, so theres a clear pattern of insanity there. My current project is another XJS V12. Its a 1987 with only 67K miles.

I'm used to cars taking a long time to disassemble due to resticted access, and may be committing heresay by saying that I cannot imagine these cars ( SZ 200000 models ) to be any more complicated than the cars above, and no worse than my XJS V12 which is 'challenging' to say the least and I do wonder how different these are to drive.

I am sooo old school, which is why I got another XJS, for me the sight of an actual engine, (instead of plastic covers) with pipes, hoses, solenoids and valves is a wonder to behold, rather than lots of mysterious ludicrously priced and probably short availability black boxes of electrical tricks. Indeed I view the whole multiplex wiring developments in abject horror!

I also cannot stand cars that are designed for a short life, which is most of them are these days.

I'm not sure if Im up for the RR as I am more tempted by the Bentleys. Naturally the Turbo has the best image, but I do wonder if a Mulsanne S would do me just as well in reality.

I had test drove a 1976 Silver Shadow in the past and enjoyed it a lot.

I look forward to participating on this forum.

Cheers

·
Administrator
534 Posts
Insanity indeed! The 750iL, the S Class and the Range Rover are three temptations I've been able to resist thus far, thankfully. You must be a man of immense patience. :!:

Welcome to the forum, its great to have you join us.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts