Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings from the UK.

I am about to take delivery to a Ghost and whilst I love the colour I wonder whether a coach line might break it up a little.

The car has a seashell interior, so I assume that the same colour would be a good starting point.

However, would you? And if so, who should I get to do it? I can imagine that getting Rolls Royce
Car Wheel Tire Plant Vehicle

to do it would be a very pricy option.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Fair enough.

Having found a car the same colour on Youtube doing a car test I think you're right.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I think it depends on the colors of the interior, exterior, and the coachline itself.

My car was originally commissioned with one, which I really like.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's blown my theory about the line being the same colour as the interior!

Is that Madeira red too? It looks quite brown from that angle.

·
Super Moderator
980 Posts
Shops that build custom hot rods or motorcycles will know of a good striper. We used to have a biker here that would come to your shop and do a set of coachlines for a case of beer. In my opinion they would look great on your Ghost, breaking up that big slab side.

·
Registered
25 Posts
That's blown my theory about the line being the same colour as the interior!

Is that Madeira red too? It looks quite brown from that angle.
My car is "Smoky Quartz" which is -- as you suggested -- a metallic brown. When commissioned, it was a standard (no extra charge) color ("colour"?) but there was a charge of $1,500 for "Coachline colour".

Here's another shot that shows the coachline. Below it is a detail shot of the dual coachline that I got from the dealer.

·
Registered
754 Posts
I had the coach lines redone (along with a bare-metal respray) on my T2 by NJ restorations in South Wales. They did a nice job and were very reasonable.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Adds to the car in our book. This is a grey to match the hood/top color in our 2021 EWB. And we have the Seashell interior:

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle

1 - 14 of 14 Posts