Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So-

From what I can tell, the coolant hoses are all original on my 94 Spur. I drive the car every day and I live in Dallas where it can get HOT.

I know that replacing upper and lower radiator hoses is a no-brainer, but I also think that replacing the heater hoses would be a good idea, since if one of those pops it will be a messy failure.

When I went to introcar, they only sell OE heater hoses aka ridiculously expensive. Has anyone found any alternate sources for heater hoses that would work in an RR?

Thank you!

JAG

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
I had to match up some small dia, tight radius hoses recently and went to the Gates site. You can use filters to cut the choices based on your diameter and application. There are pics for each hose.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you! I just can’t justify spending $500 on 3 heater hoses.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
There is nothing, absolutely nothing, special about the EPDM heater hoses used on these cars. If you pull one and go to your local auto parts store they will pull off of the spool and cut to length for the appropriate ID hose.

And, believe me, it will be way less than $500, probably less than $15 given the total length involved.

·
Registered
2,162 Posts
Sounds like JAG needs a pre-formed hose.

·
Registered
3,541 Posts
Sounds like JAG needs a pre-formed hose.
In which case, take the hoses you need to your local auto parts store that is either not a large chain or where, like many NAPA outlets, the guys behind the counter have been there for years.

There are so darned many pre-formed hoses that can work, via cutting off excess, and these guys are great at taking what you have and finding replacements that can be used in just that way.

There are also often exact, or very nearly exact (plenty exact enough to work just fine), equivalents "as-is" that are used on other makes that are not cross-referenced to RR because so little ever ends up being cross referenced to RR unless those of us in places like this create those cross-references as we find them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts