Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is condensation in one of the main beam headlamps on my Bentley Brooklands Coupe - 2010. When I took it to the dealer for a service I told them, and they laughed and said it was a common problem on Bentleys, and to switch on main beam to dry it out. Not really what I was expecting and rather disappointing. Hong Kong roads are well lit and busy most of the time, so the opportunity or necessity to use main beam is low to zero.

Does anyone have any experience with this "common problem"?

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
In think the headlamps need to be removed, dried out and resealed but I believe that's a labour intensive job which requires the removal of the front bumper and wings. I've never done it nor seen it done so have no experience, just relaying what I have read and I could be wrong.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
Hum....why not on old cars, but on such a car with 9 years, very surprising. It should be waterproof.
In my opinion they are worried you ask to replace it at their expenses for warranty...

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
AGree with Bentleyman, contact Bentley directly, explain the complete story.

Your car is under warraanty, impose a complete replacment and that's a budget.

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
You bought this car at the dealer, I suppose there is a warranty attached to that sale ?
Read all documents , you have lost one month...
Dealer warranty should apply, moreover you informed them.
Make an official reclamation with official letters...

·
Registered
2,046 Posts
OK, I understand better, so if I were you I will indeed report to Bentley factory ( not the dealer) this event and the official dealer reaction and ask them what they think , suggest and could do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts