Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Yes...Very slow to respond to inquiries, bad attitude. I won't go out of my way to do business with a company if they do not return phone calss or emails in a timely manner. I'm not the first to give them a bad rap.
You may get lucky. I think if you actually went there you would have luck and fun!

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I just pulled the trigger on a fire damaged Azure at the salvage auction. No idea what the extent of the damage is as I have not seen the car itself but I have fixed fire damaged cars in the past and usually anything that's made of plastic would melt. I'm hoping that much of that stuff is common to the Turbo R. If they don't pan out. I have a trip to the UK planned and will buy from the guy near Gatwick.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I had a pretty bad experience with them when I needed an exhaust manifold for my Silver Cloud III. I contacted them, they had one, so I ordered it. It arrived with the box mangled and a chunk of the manifold missing. I gave Luxury Junkyard the benefit of the doubt, and that this was most likely the shipping company's fault. I requested they file a claim, and send me another manifold, as the rep stated they had "hundreds".

They did send me another manifold, and that manifold was cracked in the middle, and this obviously was not shipping damage. After that, they refused to return any emails for several weeks, and then gave me a BS story about being in the UK, because apparently email doesn't work there....

I had to file a complaint with PayPal to get a refund.

To make a long story even longer, I wouldn't buy from them.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Another bad experience with the David at the Luxury Junkyard.

It's been a number of months and he agreed to send me this special washer to mount the front seat.
He was not interested at first because it wasn't worth his time for such a small item.
We agreed to make a trade for an empty tool drawer and lock _ I said I would make a key for the lock.

I am still waiting for the washer.
Basically he is now a thief ! :mad:

If he comes through with the washer, I will amend this post, but even if I receive it, doing business like this is inexcusable !

If you must do business, do so through eBay and use PayPal, at least if you don't receive your item, PayPal will get your money back for goods not received.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
Luxury JY has a very poor reputation within the RR community. This is not saying everyone has a bad experience. I bought something small and waited for months.
I would give my left arm to have a "luxury junkyard". Sad case of someone who does not understand key elements of business, including returning phone calls.

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm surprised he's still in business making people wait that long.
I can see him sitting on his treasure pile with no customers. :rolleyes:
Hording all his junk.

·
Registered
400 Posts
David has sent me an email...
Apparently there is major flooding going on in Greenville SC.
He has told me that the cars in his warehouse had water up to the doors and he has been busy cleaning up after that.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Another email from David, his words.

I have sent you the Ace Cornercroft numeral 1 and the letter B plus the washer via USPS priority mail. Merry Christmas and thanks for your patience.

Anything you need just drop me a line.

Cheers, David.

One never knows I guess; the flooding caused major damage to his warehouse stock of all his coach built cars, he figures about 90% of them have been damaged so the parts are not useable anymore.

·
Registered
903 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
By gum, I have a fire damaged Azure that I need to get to and I can't think of anything better than a flood damaged car to fix it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts