Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have thought for a long while that we need some new forums that actually break out cars by their respective eras, particularly for the newer cars.

The Seraph, Arnage and derivatives are not really SZ cars and the "Current Era" would now be lumping together Rolls-Royces and Bentleys that really have no shared underpinnings.

It might be wise to consider a Seraph/Arnage and Derivatives forum, the last two "twins from Crewe" even though somewhat more fraternal than identical, as well as a forum for 1st Generation Goodwood Era Rolls-Royce and 1st Generation Modern Crewe Bentley.

Over time even these will need revisiting. The Goodwood Phantom is no more but the numbers produced, and the fact that their owners are not yet "the forums type," make it such that a separate forum for that model makes no sense at all. I can see an era that will be coming after the current Goodwood cars: Phantom, Ghost, Dawn, Wraith.

Over the long haul having technical and general forums that group related cars together makes a lot more sense.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
did you guys want to have a new section created?

Lee
As I said, I'd really like to see three, actually. The Seraph and Arnage cars are of the same class, but are definitely not SY cars. After the split between Rolls-Royce and Bentley where Rolls-Royce is owned by BMW and operating out of Goodwood and Bentley is owned by VW and operating out of Crewe there are really no shared underpinnings of the cars made by each respective marque. At this point in time there are lots of Seraph and Arnage era cars already in the enthusiast market. The same is true with the first generation of Bentleys since the split since Bentley ramped up its production numbers so extensively, their models became "bling cars," and those have since flooded the used car market and continue doing so. The Goodwood Rolls-Royce cars remain incredibly low in production numbers and still really haven't reached the price point where they are a part of the common enthusiasts market, but they're slowly creeping there. One really can't, particularly from a technical/maintenance standpoint, speak of any of these cars lumped in with the other groups and have anything really meaningful or helpful come out of it. The Rolls-Royce Owners' Club US has already split its post-SZ era forums into: - RR Silver Seraph, Bentley Arnage and derivatives - RR Phantom, Ghost, Wraith, Dawn (2004 - current) - Bentley Continental, Flying Spur, Mulsanne (2004 - current)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts