Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this is probably a boring question but what do you all do to keep your cars clean? Do you wash them yourselves? Do you take them to hand car wash places? Is there anything to avoid?

I don't currently have the space to wash mine myself so I'm thinking of taking it to a local hand wash place that's been recommended by someone with more normal cars, is there anything I should be telling them?

Thanks all!

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Hand wash only. Avoid high pressure too close as it could damage seals , paint...
Ask them only to wash it with water, not using dry product as a lot do now without water.
And no wax on it, you should better wax it yourself with a quality product.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
if it's garaged and not too dusty, you can use a quick detailer to keep it clean. My hobby shop has got this 50 year old insulation that's blown all over it which creates so much dust. I'm impossible to keep them clean.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a young neighbor boy who washes mine- He needs some instruction on detailing. What do you think about the new ceramic coating?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I've not looked in to ceramic coatings. You'll probably all think I'm quite mad but despite getting my driving license over 20 years ago this is the first car I've actually bought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts