Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Think one or two issue back of the Flying Lady had an article on a simular auction in Texas. All Rolls Royce's, Spurs and Shadows mostly. Some good deals most looked like they needed TLC from improper storage. I've since noted lots of recently cleaned up Shadows on the market in Texas!

·
Administrator
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Coming from a jurisdiction where a personalized license plate costs about $125, can someone explain the pricing of plates in the UK, and why they can reach such extraordinary heights?

·
Registered
85 Posts
Good question. I'm not even sure if you can purchase plates in most Canadian jurisdiction in this manner from private individuals.

·
Registered
79 Posts
UK personalised and standard plates may be sold from individual to individual. The plates are not owned by the "issuing" authority, but by the individual. The sale price is therefore whatever the market will bear. This will be true for any jurisdiction that permits individual to individual sales.
In Canada this is not allowed. The plates belong to the (various) issuing authorities who sets the rate for personalised and standard issue plates.
Leho

·
Administrator
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It appears to me that the prices paid for these often only vaguely recognizable letter/number combinations make the Dutch tulip craze and the dot-com bubble look like child's play in comparison.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Stirling said:
It appears to me that the prices paid for these often only vaguely recognizable letter/number combinations make the Dutch tulip craze and the dot-com bubble look like child's play in comparison.
Read a good book on the very topic of crowd madness and markets. Forget actual title and gave it onto someone else. I'll see if I can get the name.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts