Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, this is Martin in southeast Ohio. My car is CRX 9195, a 1971 Shadow Coupe. Have a couple of questions:
*Hydraulic Fluid - does this model use RR 363 or mineral oil?
*Top dressing - what is best product to use to clean and preserve the
Everflex top material?
*Who is a good vendor to order items such as wiper blades, hydraulic fluid, filters etc. Good price and good service??

Thanks and Regards, [email protected]

·
Registered
3,688 Posts
martin mindling said:
Hello, this is Martin in southeast Ohio. My car is CRX 9195, a 1971 Shadow Coupe. Have a couple of questions:
*Hydraulic Fluid - does this model use RR 363 or mineral oil?
RR363!! If ever you mix RR363 and mineral oil your car will not be happy.

*Top dressing - what is best product to use to clean and preserve the
Everflex top material?
You will get lots of competing recommendations for this. Everflex is a vinyl top, pure and simple. I've known people to use NuVinyl, ArmorAll, etc. If you can find something that offers UV protection that is helpful.

*Who is a good vendor to order items such as wiper blades, hydraulic fluid, filters etc. Good price and good service??
There's nothing special about the wiper blades for these cars. I don't know if your car still uses the original canister-style filter or if someone may have purchased a pedestal to convert it to spin-on filters. If the latter you can buy Fram PH2995, Wix 51231, NAPA Gold 1231 or 1261, or Bosch 72175. I would recommend that you download the file I maintain and posted on the "Finding a Good Service Shop" thread and you'll have more sources for more things than you can shake a stick at. For virtually any part your car might need you can count on Albers Bentley in Zionsville, IN. Much depends on if you insist on having Crewe Original parts only or are willing to use functional equivalents.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts