Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
81 - 100 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #81 ·
I need the trick to getting the filler hose back on while reinstalling the gas tank. I almost had it but its a little tricky.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #82 ·
Sorry for all the questions. Please see pic below..

1) The pressure tank supply circled in yellow below I don't seem to have one of these near the fuel pump or under the car? is it up at the engine? I am not sure if I am supposed to have one on my car?? I have noticed so far my 85 Silver Spirit seems to be a tricky year for some parts.

2) There is a switch in my glove box (circled in red) that I just noticed, is that an aftermarket kill switch? I don't think it's from the factory.

Check out how many parts the bracket for the fuel pump has..oh brother!! Man someone was over thinking it, way too many parts :)

edit- actually I just noticed the it shows one hose that does not go to the pressure tank so maybe mine didn’t come with one??

Attachments

·
Registered
233 Posts
1) The pressure tank supply circled in yellow below I don't seem to have one of these near the fuel pump or under the car? is it up at the engine?
Item UR21822 is the fuel pressure accumulator.
You showed it on pic #2 on your very first post on this thread.
Looks similar to this one :

Original Bosch fuel pumps seem hard to find.
To get the car mobile, any 55 PSI in-line fuel pump will do the job, just avoid the cheapest chinese junk.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Fuel pump, accumulator and fuel filter is located in the rear, nothing up front.
Read the workshop manuals for guidance.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #85 ·
Yeah I don’t have a fuel accumulator I think my car did not come with one, everything looks really original underneath the car.

This is another area the manual was not very clear.

I did pick up a Bosch fuel pump I will be back at it on Monday.

Btw is there a tip or trick to get the filler hose back on the gas tank?

Thanks for all your help!

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
All the parts for your specific car are located in the Heritage site. If it has FI, which it does, it will have a fuel accumulator

·
Registered
385 Posts
Yeah I don’t have a fuel accumulator I think my car did not come with one, everything looks really original underneath the car.
As Flayer34 wrote, you photographed it already :/

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #89 ·
Item UR21822 is the fuel pressure accumulator.
You showed it on pic #2 on your very first post on this thread.
Looks similar to this one :

Original Bosch fuel pumps seem hard to find.
To get the car mobile, any 55 PSI in-line fuel pump will do the job, just avoid the cheapest chinese junk.

Hope this helps.
n

Oh right yes I did show the fuel accumulator in my first post. I was looking near the fuel pump and it was on the passengers side. Thanks for pointing that out I appreciate it. I was getting worried why i didn’t have one. man i am getting old I can't believe I forgot I took that pic.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #93 ·
One thing I have realized working on cars is the manuals are very important, you have to have the proper tools and knowing the trick!! Every job has a trick that is not always in the manuals..

Bosch fuel pump application very helpful. I am sure others will benefit in the future.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #94 ·
Attaching the fuel filler hose back to gas tank does any have the trick please?? I am sure someone has a good tip.

I going to loose the clap on the hose attached to the filler door area and pull it about an inch closer to the gas tank that way when I am angling the tank to try and get it on when I lift the tank up and tilt it it won’t fall off. We will see and I will report back on Monday.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Forgo using the word trick. It implies some magic involved. It all about using knowledge gained from experience and manuals to focus in on the specific car and problem.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
I am not implying magic I am sorry you feel that way.

When I hit the golf ball every time right down the middle 300+ yards and shoot 67 everyone asks whats the "trick" do you have any "tips" for me? I am not telling them I use knowledge gained from experience and manuals to focus on the specific problem.

I am just saying...

Everyone has their own way. I appreciate the input.

·
Registered
3,750 Posts
Thanks EZE, you're on the right path with the fuel issue. Patience is a virtue with these cars and most of the engineering is straight forward, sometimes not (ex; rear trunk lock). Everything can be sourced and once the new components are installed you can give it a start.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Thank you Wraithman you have been a big help. Thats funny because I have a rear lock issue but its last on my small list. I will be back at it on Monday.

Enjoy your weekend!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #100 ·
Thanks for the file.
Pump # 0 580 254 053 is readily available (fits several Porsche models).

Same info about fuel pressure accumulators ?

That pump is for a 86-93 silver spirit. I have a seen a bunch listed for 81-83 too but no 85!!! I really don't know why..

I am going to purchase the first Bosch universal one you recommended on Amazon as a back up. I can always return it.

81 - 100 of 108 Posts