Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

· Registered
82 spirit
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
Yes i spotted the return to tank pipe in the workshop manual you recommended, im thinking this is why my frankenpump doesnt shut off, basically because it never gets that back pressure to shit off.
My car is an sz, 03614 to be exact, its a very early spirit.
I will look again at getting it started and only then will i know if the pumps work, they are noisy though so not ideal.

· Registered
4,630 Posts
Freudian slip
Remember, you can correct these by hitting the "triple dot" menu button at the top right side of any one of your own posts and choosing "Edit."

· Registered
4,715 Posts
You have the wrong clamps on the fuel hose. Fuel hose clamps are rather tight and therefore they dig into the hose with the worm gear. The correct hose clamp is banded, usually a rolled edge, with a nut & bolt design common to fuel clamps. BTW..the rolled edge is designed to not dig into the rubber hose when tightened.

· Registered
192 Posts
Yes, I just put those on there so that I coild test the pump as I was out of the proper clamps and was waiting for Amazon to deliver new. I didn’t want to go full bore install until I knew it was going to work on the car. This was the fourth pump. I’ve installed in two weeks trying to find a proper pump.

· Registered
192 Posts
The one thing that concerns me about this pump is it is a push pump or gravity fed as they say. The outlet of the gas tank on this car is quite high. I’m not sure if that’s going to be an issue or not as I have only taken the car at once. My headlight issue has reared its head again which I wrote here about in 2018 so I’m trying to put a permanent fix on that before I take the car out again.

· Registered
4,715 Posts
Nice work.Michael. If you notice on your SL, the Bosch FP usually has a cushion sleeve around it plus the bracket has the studded rubber isolators, all design to quiet things down and isolate vibration. I have a 1972 350SL

21 - 33 of 33 Posts