Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
4,715 Posts
These are nozzles and can easily be cleaned, but more importantly the spray pattern and release pressure is consistent with all 8 injectors.Have them ultrasonically cleaned. Average cost to clean, check with written results average approx $18/per

· Registered
4,715 Posts
Ultrasonic cleaning has always been the most thorough and safest way to clean components like this. Blowing 100psi air into the fuel distributor head is not something I would recommend due to what resides in there. The fuel head also has to be flow balanced, so you're better off sending it out to Larry Fletcher at CSIFlotech or similiar. This item deserves proper care since it's at the heart of the fuel system.

· Registered
318 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi chaps. I have an injector tester for CIS injectors but find they don’t clean very well even after ultrasonic cleaning. Was figuring if I’m taking them out I’ll just order and fit new ones But not paying Flying spares or introcar prices As I need the car to remain mobile to allow access to my other cars so if they don’t clean well I have to fit back together -order new -take apart -fit new etc

· Registered
1,860 Posts
Ultrasonic cleaning won't help on anything that's not being activated. These nozzles are pressure driven so there is no signal to pulse the injectors that would help as required when using an ultrasonic cleaner.

It won't help with the fuel head either unless you're planning on taking it apart completely. Only then will it require balancing as the head was tampered with

· Registered
4,715 Posts
Once you have the Bosch number, shop at all the usual German parts houses. I replaced the ones in my Silver Wraith II with new ones at the time and did not buy them from F$pare or Introcar.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts