Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My car ran out of fuel, fortunately while restoring it in my garage. However, having put 5 gallons of fuel in, it still won't start. Is there a fuel cut off switch that needs re-setting? :?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Hi can you hear the pumps ticking?
If not give them a tap as these pumps are very sensitive
Let me know
Michael

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
FUEL PUMPS

Hello BM, TY for reply.
I have removed checked and refitted pumps(what a job). There is no life going to them. I have checked the fuses they are ok. So now at a loss to understand. Its a series 2 SRH36260.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Hi try the relay if your not shore if you have the right one go to the link if you don’t have a work shop manual you should feel it click in and out when you put it in or just swap it with a nether one there all the same
If isn’t that then give me a ring I have sent you a pm with my No
Michael

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

for anyone interested, post my shadow running out of fuel it failed to start again. I assumed it had a fuel cut off, here's what I have discovered.
Fuel cut is supposed to only xist on USA cars, it is located next to the fuel pump.
I have a fuel cut off on my UK spec car, dunno y but I do.
Checked that, nothing.
On good advise of B Man, I checked the relays, ineresting discovery, no power.
Got the guy in who designed the electrical architecture of the car, after about 90 seconds, he had the pumps working.
He diagnosed a fault in between the Ign switch and the fuse box.
transpires that during the cold spell we had coincidently when the fuel ran out, the constant turning over of the engine before numb nuts here realised I had no fuel, the bus bar between the live feeds on the ign switch had cracked, this bar is plastic coated so you can't even see the bar.
He has taken it away to repair it, back tomorrow when hopefully I will be up and running again.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Fuel cut off

Hello all.
Forgot to say, car is running and starting like a dream again.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Good
I will say when you start to use her she will feel a bit strange at first but will settle down
I fond with my S1 that she hated being left so started to use her daily and found it was as reliable as a Honda in some ways I miss her it was a lot more fun to drive than the RT
Michael

1 - 7 of 7 Posts