Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts
. What I do find interesting, though, is that the steering on the SY2 cars (I have no experience with SY1 with a steering box) is much more precise than most modern cars. The steering on SRH33576 is much more precise than the steering on my 1999 Jaguar XJ8L was.
Steering on SY I was like steering in the US cars from the 50 ies, same steering box.
Very unprecise and sensitve to lateral wind, even on a very low mileage car as I had.
There was too many play, too easy to turn at any speed

Steering rack on SY II is offering a very performing and precise car. I was very surpised with such in difference going from SY I to SY II.

The difference is huge when driving at normal speed.

Jean

Discussion starter · #22 ·
Mannnnn....That Moki Dugway was a challenge. Tells me you have a lot of confidence in a Bentley.
Reassuring to say the least. During Summers we are located on the Western Slope of The Rocky Mt. National Park "Grand Lake CO" that drives up to 12,050' above sea level over to Estes Park. Great curvy challenging paved road in the Jag during early Spring and late Fall. Summers it's bumper to bumper. When CDOT plows out the 20' snow-pack, usually on time for Memorial Day....Summer Kicks off in the resort town of GL. Only natural lake in Colorado with inhabitants cabins/cottages built along the shoreline of our 300'deep lake. bla, bla, bla, .....................Todd PS: Looking forward to driving my "B" over that road....

21 - 23 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.