Rolls-Royce and Bentley Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new here, and am selling a 1975 Rolls Royce Shadow (http://nlalston.zenfolio.com/p588371730) which belonged to my father-in-law, who passed away this past April.

The body of the car is solid, save for the roof, and the leather interior & carpeting also needs some attention (as is all evidenced by the photos). The last time the car was driven was in the summer of 2009, and it was always garaged during the winters. I tried to start it, a couple of months ago (after charging the battery), but could not get it to turn over. I also wonder (not having any experience with such a car) if there might have been special starting procedures that I did not effectuate.

Asking price? Offers.

I don't know how to go about attaching a value to this car, but will consider offers. We (my wife and I) are aware that whoever buys it will have to put some money into it, and we are not trying to make a killing off of it, either. It's an estate issue, and we are just wanting to close the matter out.

Blessings,
Nathan

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
At the very least, I would like to know if someone could provide me with a ballpark price to shoot for. I just received a couple of responses from Craig's List, where I had listed 'Offers' for pricing concerns. But the interested parties would rather have a price, from us, to work from.

Advanced thanks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I am Jim Facinelli recent past pres of the Rolls Royce Foundation plus I have done a full restoration of a 76 Shadow I and a national judge.. Here is an example we have a right hand drive Bentley T-1 1966 all wood and leather are in fine conditon and need noting the paint is nice from 5 feet it runs drive and stops and its worth maybe 5K tops! your car not running is a parts car especially here in the US as its a RHD model. Id say tops 2,3K probably closer to 2,500. You will get more to take it apart yourself and sell off the key parts. I know people who would buy it as is including myself! Good Luck

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Rufcar said:
I am Jim Facinelli recent past pres of the Rolls Royce Foundation plus I have done a full restoration of a 76 Shadow I and a national judge.. Here is an example we have a right hand drive Bentley T-1 1966 all wood and leather are in fine conditon and need noting the paint is nice from 5 feet it runs drive and stops and its worth maybe 5K tops! your car not running is a parts car especially here in the US as its a RHD model. Id say tops 2,3K probably closer to 2,500. You will get more to take it apart yourself and sell off the key parts. I know people who would buy it as is including myself! Good Luck
Thanks much, Jim. We will attach an asking price of $2500/BO. I really don't want to part the car out, because that may take some time, and my father-in-law's home (where the car is garaged) has just been sold. I would rather that someone took the whole shebang - as is.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
jh71shadow said:
Hello, where in New York are you located, as I am interested in the car.
Thank You
Jeff
Hi Jeff.

Sorry it took so long to get back here, but I have really been quite busy as of late. The car is located in Buffalo, NY.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Nathan

I think I sent you a private message, maybe more than once. I have no idea, nothing shows in my sent box. I submitted the message a couple times. Let me know if you recieved the message as I am still interested in the car

Regards,
Jeff

1 - 8 of 8 Posts